Monday, February 19, 2018

Turning Creek

When I realized the 67 degree morning was not going to last, I hightailed it to a favorite local painting spot.  Little did I know I would get caught in a deluge of rain - far from the car and without my rain gear!  I tried holding my palette cover over my palette to keep the rain out, but failed!  Thank goodness I was almost finished and the whole panel had paint on it!  Otherwise, I could not have continued!  Already wet, I pulled up my lightweight hood to keep the rain out of my eyes so I could quickly finish.  It had suddenly turned so dark, it was hard to see!  That cloud bank had come up behind me, and I was so tuned in, I never saw it coming!  It has been a long time since I've been caught in the rain - and I loved every minute of it!  This view was SO worth it!  Painting number 1858 in 1858 days.

1 comment: