Thursday, February 22, 2018

Winter Osage Orange

Dressed in layers, with a hot mug of tea at my side, I was toasty warm as I captured the icy landscape in oils!  The subtle color changes in the frozen pasture were a study in grays!  I first marked my scene with my brush - and realized I had not allowed my paints to thaw up in the house before heading out!  My white, which is thick anyway, was hard to move even with my stiffer brush!  I don't use mediums or turp, so with no way to thin the paint, I could only persist in the working of it, until it moved enough to fill the masses!  It worked out, it just took me longer than usual.  Now that I'm in the house, I see a couple of marks on that tree that should be tweeked.  Sometimes, I am SO mesmerized with my surroundings on site - I miss those little things!  What a gorgeous day!  Painting number 1861 inn 1861 days.

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! The ice covered landscape is something I have not attempted because it looks so challenging. You definitely captured it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love how atmospheric and moody it gets as it recedes into the distance.

    ReplyDelete