Monday, March 12, 2018

Gray Day Trees

I am spicing up this overcast morning scene with my palette knives!  Every time I use them, I find a new way to pull the knife on a flat area, or a way to slide it to make the perfect branch.  I don't do this very often in the landscape - but it is super fun.  I did lay down a thin under painting with a stiff brush, giving me a roadmap for the knife work.  I actually cut into the sky for the tree shapes, I like the pushing of the paint.  It creates rough branches, as they are in nature.  I need to work on longer, smoother strokes for the sky - perhaps that knife that looks like one made for icing cakes would be the right shape?  I'll try that on the next painting!  Love that thick paint application - it really is like icing a cake!  Painting number 1879 in 1879 days.

9 comments:

  1. I love this colour combo! And I like how you cut into the paint for your branches. It's a cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greatly done!
    Very pleasant to look at, I like it a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are warming things up a bit. I like the contrast of the warm and cool. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I luv the detailed brush strokes in your painting

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you. Painting a day. Wow. And it's beautiful!
    Blessings
    Janis
    # 42 at Paint Party Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness! That is glorious! Fills my eyes, it does--which is the greatest compliment I can give.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty good!
    I am glad to know that you go on painting, happy to find out your progress
    hugs,
    Nat

    ReplyDelete