Thursday, March 29, 2018

SE Douglas Inked

I scouted a part of historic Lee's Summit that I had never painted before, and this scene called to me.  It was the furthest location from the car, so I walked all the way back, continuing to look for my "spot".  Even with the rain, and chilling temps, I had to return for this composition.  It was totally worth it.  As the clouds grew heavier, the streets grew more reflective, and the light faded from the sky, this scene took on a magic of it's own.  I'm so glad I was there to capture it, first in ink and then in oils.  Painting number 1898 in 1898 days.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. and congrats on being featured at PPF today! I often paint things when they call out to me too.

      Delete
  2. Lovely street scene! Congrats on being featured artist of the week on PPF.

    ReplyDelete