Saturday, March 10, 2018

Wheelbarrow and Tools

The gorgeous weather lured me outside, and my mounting list of gardening chores kept me there!  There is always SO much to do at winter's end!  My first purple crocus are blooming - but I waited too long to paint them!  They had closed up their little petals before I gathered my paint tools!  Planning to paint two after working as long as I could stand it, I chose my old wheelbarrow, hoe and sharp shooter.  I spent ALL day with these guys, and serving me well, they deserve to be painted!  I used India ink for the lines and my watercolor confections for the color.  I cut up the papers I don't like into ATC size pieces, where I'm not so picky about my paper.  I'm using 140lb cold pressed, which truly, I never like.  There has not been a single one that I would use for a larger painting.  I know it's harsh, but I love the weight and texture of the thicker papers, especially the hand made ones!  They have an unpredictability that really adds to the process!  Isn't the process what it's all about?  Painting number 1877 in 1877 days.... I think!

1 comment: