Thursday, April 12, 2018

Bagnell Dam

As I explore more fountain pens, a few have risen to the top like cream.  Both the TWSBI Eco and Mini are smooth as butter and hold so much ink.  I didn't realize what a benefit this was until I ran out a couple of times with other pens.  I do love the piston reloader, so easy to use!   This paper is a more traditional watercolor paper, and less absorbent than the cotton rag.  The result is a line that bleeds freely with the addition of a little water.  I thought these towers along the dam looked like they stepped out of a Star Wars movie!  So cool to draw!  Painting number 1908 in 1908 days.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this info. This is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between you and my son raving about the TWSBI pens, I might as well give up and order one! Love this sketch, I grew up down there in that neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete