Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Barn Lot Forsythia

How glorious to be painting in the sunshine!  The grass is starting to green up and oh how bright the forsythia shine in the sunlight!  Yummy!  I've been using panels this month that I primed with a blue gray, which is a departure from my norm.  I really am enjoying it.  There is something about changing the color of that surface that changes the way I approach the scene.  I need to start preparing all of my spring event panels soon - and I think I'll use this new tone for at least half of them.  The cool tone seems to tone down my tendency towards the warm.  You just never know what you'll learn by experimenting!  Painting number 1904 in 1904 days.

5 comments:

  1. How very pretty, your yellow fowering tree looks like the Yellow flowering Poui at Eastertime

    Much🌼love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree, you never know what you'll do until you try something new! I love that you paint plein air! And your painting is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous. Love how you treated the fence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! How wonderful to be outdoors painting! :)

    ReplyDelete