Monday, April 30, 2018

Last Days

I can absolutely get lost in the moment when sketching these wonderful old barns!  I can feel the life and work that unfolded here, an untold story of a beautiful place.  The path leads down across a creek and up to a pasture filled with large round hay bales, new spring grass and abundant wild mustard in bloom!  I am drawing with a varsity pilot fountain pen today - since I have emptied three other pens this trip, and brought no extra ink!  Who knew I'd draw SO MUCH?  I started my fountain pen journey with this modest little pen, and I still keep them around to use in a pinch.  Lesson learned?  I will pack some extra ink from now on!  Painting number 1924 in 1924 days.

1 comment:

  1. This is excellent. I love the way you made the small part of the barn collapsing.

    ReplyDelete