Monday, April 9, 2018

Pink Palette Roses

My sweet painting students threw me a little birthday party at class this afternoon - complete with my favorite cake!  The same cake my mother made for me when I was young!  How could they have possibly known?  They are precious and I value each and every one of them!  Today's class was focused on finishing up those paintings not quite finished in class, so I brought pink roses to paint from, revisiting the lesson from weeks ago.  Palette knife painting is one of those things that just takes practice to improve the skills.  I like to start with a loose sketch in paint, followed by brush work to fill in the masses.  When I'm happy with this under painting, I pull out a knife and start defining the edges.  I left my knife at home, so Norma shared hers, and I finished this in no time.  I love painting roses as much as I love cake!  Painting number 1907 in 1907 days.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday...one of my dear friends turned 60 on this day... you'd never know it either! I often think there is a little spritual blessing from beyond when someone bakes the exact same cake our moms bake right on our birthday. Someone did the same thing on my 50th...it was as though mom was there! How could they know I never spoke of it! Gorgeous roses!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete