Monday, April 16, 2018

St Vincent de Paul

I have seen this church many times while heading to and from events in Kansas City. Today, I pulled into an abandoned parking lot for a quick sketch, while waiting for a patron's call. The church is inspiring, with a beautiful carving of Christ on the cross in the stone on it's west side.  I can just imagine what this place was in it's prime.  I stay in the truck for this sketch, with a watchful eye to my surroundings. It is early afternoon and all looks well, but this is not a good part of town.  As I finish and take a quick pic, I see that I am not the only one keeping a watchful eye.  There is an officer in the lot adjacent and behind me.  I bet he wondered what on earth I was doing there!  I'm glad he had my back!  Painting number 1912 in 1912 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment