Friday, April 6, 2018

Sunrise on the Lake

Sunrise on the lake from our balcony - breathtaking, and of course I had to paint it!  The color at this time of day is fleeting, so I hurry to grab my ink and my new set of Watercolor Confections.  The first time I jump into a new palette is always a challenge - especially when they are not my normal colors!  Throw in the nature of a high speed sunrise paint, as we've got a little one shot experimenting at hand!  Oddessey is this palette, and it has a freshness to the colors that I like.  The Classic set may be more my norm, but these colors do have potential.  Summer and tropical scenes would be well suited, with a little mixing, I'm sure they'll be great for everything.  This one is tiny at 2.5x3.5! Painting number 1906 in 1906 days.

1 comment: