Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Monet Painting his Garden

Today I am experimenting with a new paper I picked up at my favorite local art store - Creative Coldsnow.  This one is a little creamier in color than my usual paper, and has a stiffer, yet thinner feel.  When I drop a little water on it - the paper turns very transparent until it dries.  The ink bleeds well, though does not move as readily as watercolor paper.  I love the long fibers in it, which leave wonderful ragged edges.  This is a printer's paper, which I've never tried before. The jury is still out on it's use for actual watercolor, but I think it could be magical for the inks.  I'm hoping to draw a larger one on site in the morning,  since the trial went so well!  Painting number 1954 in 1954 days.
ink on paper, 6x9
purchase here

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work. I know I use Stonehenge paper for ink work and like it. It is suppose to be a printer's paper as well. Holds up under light washes of watercolor too. Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice Tammie. Love the ink :D)

    ReplyDelete