Thursday, May 17, 2018

Morning on Kessler Farm

I brought two long panels for this plein air event, and when I saw this location I knew I must use one.  I wanted to capture all the barns, silos, cattle, and the wonderful old farmhouse, so I needed a substrate that was long and narrow. I happened to have a piece of birch that I had cut the night before I left town.  I had not washed a color over it, so I had to start on white.  It is a struggle, when I am used to an underpainting. It was a bit dusty on the gravel lane, especially when the tractors were operating, so there is authentic dust embedded in the oils from this site!  These pastoral scenes are among my favorites to paint - so happy the Kesslers allowed me to capture their place!  Painting number 1940 in 1940 days.
sold

No comments:

Post a Comment