Saturday, June 9, 2018

Macken Park Inked

Macken Park is such a beautiful place to paint!  My first time here, the Arts in the Park festival was in full swing.  Music, magic, sasparilla and art filled the day - and the plein air artists were painting it all!  I took my ink and had three different sizes of paper stamped - I never know what size I'll use until I decide on my subject.  After scouting (and shopping) Michaela and I landed in almost the same spot.  A very hot day, it was comfortable in the shade.  Music serenaded us as live musicians played.  I really love to paint in such an environment.  Visiting as I worked, the time flew by and I finished early.  Festivals are so much fun to capture in ink!  So much energy and life, just an American slice of summer!  Painting number 1966 in 1966 days. Icing on the cake?  I won this plein air event with this painting and now it will hang at the North Kansas City Parks and Rec!
Arts in the Park Plein Air Winner
sold

No comments:

Post a Comment