Saturday, June 2, 2018

Settlers Crossing

This was my first time to visit Platte City, and what better way to explore it than with paint?  Linda at the Cohen Frame Shop hosted their very first plein air event, with a festival in town full of family fun!  Settler's Crossing is at the bottom of Main Street on the Platte River, and is perfect for painting!  While the artists painted for the two hour quick paint, an historian told the story of the town. What a great idea!  It was so interesting!  The time flew by and the winner was decided by popular vote, a People's Choice cash award.  I really love painting by the river, and didn't even mind the dozens of tiny ants that filled the lid to my palette.  I just knocked them off and packed up my gear.  Painting number 1959 in 1959 days.
Platte City Plein Air Quick Paint Winner
oil on panel, 9x12
purchase here

No comments:

Post a Comment