Monday, July 23, 2018

Anclam Beach

Anclam Park is a sweet little beach in Bailey's Harbor, and one I love to paint. The grasses on the sand dunes are picturesque, and that moody sky threatened rain.  After a quick ink drawing to cement my composition, I started in with paint.  With only an hour and 15 minutes to paint, I chose a smaller panel.  I encountered a few raindrops, but since my panel was already covered with paint, I did not worry.  The real problem occurs when water hits the unpainted surface, thus preventing the oil paint to stick.  So, I tilt my pochade box downward, facing the panel slightly forward. This gives me a chance to get that surface covered, and then I can even proceed in the rain if I want!  This peaceful, quiet beach is painting number 2010 in 2010 days.
purchase here

No comments:

Post a Comment