Sunday, July 15, 2018

Glass City Balloon Race

We were able to get so close to the hot air balloons at this event in Rossford, Ohio!  I've attended a handful of these events, and a few of those I was too far away to get a good view.  Here, we could easily see them fill and launch, and as soon as they started I pulled out my pens!  Working very quickly, I sketched the balloons with two different pens, filling that watercolor in fast and loose!  Before I even had them finished they had risen far into the air with others filling below them!  It was so cool to watch and sketch!  Bonus - yummy cinnamon sugar "elephant ears" that I've only seen at Ohio fairs - it tastes like inflated pie crust!  So fun to soak up the local culture while traveling!  Painting number 2002 in 2002 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment