Thursday, September 6, 2018

East Harbor Impressions

Sometimes, I start a painting en plein air that I'm unable to finish in the field.  This lakeside painting is just such a case.  Only half finished, we had to get back for dinner commitments, and so I stored it in my panel pack.  On the rare occasion that I must do this, there are a few things I do to make sure I have all the information I need.  Most importantly, I try to get all my colors marked loosely, even reflections, dots of highlight and sloppy masses.  I always take a photo before leaving, which gave me very little information here.  The sky was very bright, the beach very dark, and if I'd not already painted the color in, I would never have given that photo a second look.  Maybe I've left thay foreground TOO loose....... I'll take another look tomorrow with fresh eyes.  But for now, I'm letting this favorite spot at East Harbor rest!  Painting number 2055 in 2055 days.
oil on panel, 14x10
purchase here

No comments:

Post a Comment