Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Main Street Nocturne

Warm nights are simply made for nocturne painting!  The way the street lights hit the buildings, casting shadows into the streets is dramatic.  I didn't have another dark primed panel, so I started this one on a light one.  What I don't like about this process is that I am fighting the light until I get it covered.  When starting with a dark panel, I am painting the light without worrying about the dark.  A challenge is always good, pushing me to learn a different process.  I also tried out a fancy new light, compliments of the Fairfield paint out - and it sure does illuminate the panel and palette.  Even though I've never been one to use extra lights during night paints, I may get used to it!   Painting number 2098 in 2098 days! 
sold

No comments:

Post a Comment