Sunday, October 28, 2018

Pumpkin Farm ATC

Every year, I search for pumpkins to paint, and it seems there are never enough of them!  This cool pumpkin farm is in Mill Shoals, Illinois, not far outside of Fairfield.  The orange rows of pumpkins really stand out against the green grass, and the little stand only adds to the interest.  I started with an India ink sketch, adding watercolor, and then coming in with a soluble ink.  I have recently been switching up this order lately, with the soluble ink first or last.  I like both techniques, and can't decide which order I like best.  Every painting is an exploration of the media, always pushing to better express myself.  Painting number 2102 in 2102 days.
purchase here

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely ATC. Very appropriate for October's harvest. Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete