Friday, November 16, 2018

Autumn Snow

Rarely do I get to paint snow while autumn leaves are on the tree, but today is such a day.  Painting across Portage River Road, this is the view from my window each morning.  For the third day, I am painting with a very limited palette.  I have become spoiled these last years, with so many choices on my palette, so I felt a little constricted with only the primaries.  But, there are some really great things about using only a few colors.  Color harmony is effortless.  Mixing is very important to painting, and few choices mean everything must be mixed - and I do this on the panel.  I've never been one to premix anything, ever.  I still wish I had that cool red, because getting those cool violets is difficult when my red is vermilion!  The snow is melting faster than I can paint it!  Painting number 2120 in 2120 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment