Thursday, November 29, 2018

November Snow at the Creek

The light was magical on the trail today.  I've returned to a creek I love to paint in all seasons. The dry grasses popping through the snow add so much interest, more than a solid blanket of white.  I am painting on canvas today, adhered to a panel, to fit a specific frame in an odd size, toned in a warm blue.  Canvas is always a struggle when I love my masonite panels so well, but I didn't have the time to cut more before heading out. I also grabbed my usual palette today, wanting to paint fast with paints I am so used to.  There is something I prefer about Winsor and Newton's ultramarine blue, and Utrecht's, that I have been missing in this snowy landscape.  I will switch again tomorrow and see if I still feel the same..... Painting number 2133 in 2133 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment