Monday, November 19, 2018

Twisted Tree

I came home to a large box of Richeson art supplies - which I won a gift certificate for at two different plein air events!  The first was awarded in Fairfield, and the second was for an Award of Distinction in Still life, in Parkville.  Along with my oils, Richeson threw in gray matters brushes and palette papers, brush soap, medium, and three different toned hard board panels!  Wowza!  I am very picky about my painting surfaces, but I must say I liked the gray one I painted on today.  I like how well it shows my brush work, the paint seems to absorb less than on my prepared panels.  The paints are rich and creamy, and I really liked the color of their golden ochre - especially for this time of year.   I have dedicated a palette just for their paints - can't wait to use them again tomorrow.  Painting number 2123 in 2123 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment