Thursday, January 31, 2019

Peace Lily

My mom came to visit for 6 weeks over the holidays, leaving a very large peace lily in a pan of water and hoping for the best.  Upon return, this plant had completely wilted over all sides, looking dead.  I had just read an article about saving "dead" plants by soaking them in water an inch above their potted line.  I soaked it for several hours, drained it overnight, and left it alone in a cool place out of the sun.  In the days that followed, it came back to life!  All those limp, flat leaves resurrected!  Only the blooms turned dark, and I cut them off after 5 days.  One week later, it actually has two new tiny lilies and multiple new leaves unfurling.  I never would have believed it if I hadn't watched it with my own eyes!  So, of course I had to paint it!  Painting number 2220 in 2220 days.
purchase here

No comments:

Post a Comment