Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Snowy Evening at Home

purchase here
I've been wanting to try my hand at nocturne painting in the snow, so what better chance than now?  With vintage Edison lights strung along the front porch, a soft warm glow vibrates against the cool blue violets as twilight fades.  I'm using an ultramarine violet and Naples yellow on the Richeson palette today, just out of the box.  With a like cad orange to warm the glow, I get my first look at these new colors.  Every brand is different, but I like the buttery texture of these so far.  All of these snowscape paintings have used these paints, and I'm really getting a feel for them now.  We're supposed to get freezing rain overnight, perhaps I'll paint ice tomorrow!  Painting number 2205 in 2205 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment