Sunday, February 17, 2019

Portage River Snow

What a beautiful scene unfolded by the river as the snow began to fall.  This winter in Ohio has been full of these days, and it has been my pleasure to really explore those dark and moody colors.  Sunny winter days are few and far between this close to Lake Erie, so different from Missouri.  I've put my ultramarine violet to good use, using far more this winter than ever before.  My browns ran out early, and I've spent a lot of time with my grays and violets.  I have hardly touched those warm cads - except for those sunset days!  It is so very interesting how my palette changes according to region.  I can only hope to have what I need in Arizona!  Painting number 2237 in 2237 days.
purchase here

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! I will enjoy seeing your AZ paintings I am sure also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In other side, If you are planning in the winter season, Then you can feel a excitement of travelling the chill environment. There are many places to visit in winters with https://www.imanali.in/. when you are travelling in the winters then you can see the enjoyable environment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember painting a 'still' using just Persian blue. While it fell under a monochromatic painting, I understand how much being restricted can help you grow creatively. https://kullumanali.org/pune-manali-tour/ It is a stunning painting that shows the surreal beauty of winters in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing post, i am really impressed of your post, its really useful. Thank you for sharing This article.
    Dharamshala manali package

    ReplyDelete