Friday, February 8, 2019

Winter Farm on Schultz-Portage Rd

When I run the North Coast Inland Trail, I pass this farm every time.  In all seasons, from all angles on the trail, this place makes a wonderful painting.  I love the wet, dark ground against the melting snow, and the lane leading to the farmhouse.  The otherwise quiet colors of the day pop against the fairground, and my challenge is to really capture those colors with my paint.  My Richeson ice blue has been a "go-to" color this winter, and I'm now officially out of what I brought on my palette!  I only bring a few basic colors to reload when away from home, and they are the primaries.  I really wish I had brought that tube with me!  Live and learn!  Painting number 2228 in 2228 days.
purchase here

No comments:

Post a Comment