Monday, May 13, 2019

Cabin Garden


The rich yellow blooms in this kitchen garden pulled me right in, and the wonderful lines of the composition held me there!  Rich in history, the Daniel Boone home is a favorite painting spot. Although rain threatened, I set my easel right out in the elements to get the best view of the garden, tilting my panel downward in case of rain.  If I can keep it dry until it is fully covered with paint, then I won't need to worry about a few raindrops.  The very overcast day led to a rich and color saturated landscape - one that I really loved painting.  I may just try this in a larger size, especially since the original found a new home!  Painting number 2319 in 2319 days.

1 comment:

  1. Wow at first I didn't see the painting for the background, the colors are so exact. Love this. I am taking another watercolor class. uuhhggg just not my thing at all. LOL

    ReplyDelete