Sunday, June 23, 2019

Blanket Flower ATC


With a wedding looming on the horizon, my days are full of garden work.  This variety of blanket flower is new this year, and it has loved all the rain!  I love the bold red marks, as if painted by a brush, so of course I had to paint them!  With only a tiny painting window, I pull out one of my ATC sized papers (of unknown origin) and start with the ink.  These blooms are near the front porch, so I always wonder if I should include that color, or go with something more natural. Today, I choose the actual color, letting the blooms come forward as I see them.  The paper is not my favorite, accepting the watercolor well but lacking with the ink.  Another painting, another lesson, and the 2367th in 2367 days.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking the wedding had already happened, It might have been the pre- bacheloret? party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely ~ dynamic too!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete