Friday, June 28, 2019

Geraniums on the Table


At every turn, this Greenwood Vintage Market offered up another wonderful scene!  After taking a quick pass through the main areas, I jumped right in, hoping I could paint three before lunch!  I love the way the geranium branches fell over the edge of the pot, heavy with blooms.  The color was so rich against the antique cupboard and chair.  Again using this new lighter weight cotton rag paper, I start with inking the lines in my sketchy way.  I float the watercolor in with less water than the first one, to keep it where I want it.  I finish with a few more ink lines with India ink, as my orginal lines were quick and light.  Perhaps they rubbed off a little with the watercolor work?  Too soon to tell if it is a trait of the paper.  Next, I'll have to try a larger size, and see how it behaves!  It's like I'm interviewing this paper, and I keep calling him back.  Not sure if he's got the job, yet!  Painting number 2374 in 2374 days.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how elegant and lovely ~ great artwork!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete