Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Fields of Lavender

I look forward to painting in these lavender fields on Washington Island all year.  There  is nothing like the experience of painting while that fragrance wafts through the air around me.  Heavenly!  I took panels of a different size than last year, hoping to paint a wider vista.  I've only started using the 8x16 size, and can hardly keep the frames on hand. I love this format for this scene!  I'm able to show so much more of the landscape than with the 11x14s. I'm so glad I had ordered a Panel Pak in this size.  It is the perfect way to carry two wet paintings face to face.  I can toss them in a bag or beside my easel in the trunk and know they are safe.  Love them!  Painting number 2409 in 2409 days.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Tammie, I can smell the lavender from here - or is it wafting in from my balcony?! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful lavender fields and as wonderful is your awesome painting. The size is perfect for this kind of landscape.
    Happy weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO cool! I LOVE the painting with the real deal. Fills my eyes, it does. Which, is the greatest compliment I can give.

    ReplyDelete