Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Cedars by the Pond

purchase here
Beauty is all around us, even in winter.  Today I find that beauty down by the pond, while the snow blows.  Trying something new, I have wet my paper and while wet, drawn on my lines in ink - which I have again drawn the branches without looking at my paper.  I am using Colorverse Black Hole ink in my fountain pen, and it spreads and separates on the wet paper.  So much pink and purple can be seen in this seemingly black ink.  I didn't like it at first, but I now think it is well suited for these dark winter days.  I will be playing more with this technique, to see just what the ink can do.  Painting number 2581 in 2581 days.

10 comments:

  1. I feel the ink provides a perfect rendition for this time of year. I’m still in awe of painting while not glancing at your paper. Does that always work well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wet technique gave a lovely result. Happy PPF

    Much🎨love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the combination Tammie! Did you paint the colours before applying the ink?

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so wonderful!!I always find it as beautiful as they paint!
    have a nice Weekend, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this beauty Tammie! Working with ink, and watercolors for that matter can be fickle and surprising but your painting looks like everything in the right places:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this painting and the color you used :)

    ReplyDelete