Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Oak Study

purchase here

Feeling the need for more tree study, I set my sight on this old pin oak looming large on the lawn.  I tried something different on this small ATC sized study.  Instead of looking at my paper as I drew, I did not take my eyes from the tree, moving the pen where I could see the branches extending.  The result was a much truer reflection of the tree!  The process helped my bypass my brain's idea of a tree, instead just letting the pen jut out from the trunk.  I am certainly going to do this again!  Perhaps I just uncovered a secret for tree painting!  Lol!  Painting number 2580 in 2580 days.

1 comment:

  1. That is so interesting! I have trouble painting trees, and I’ll have to try your newfound method. It definitely seems to work for you. Btw, I enjoy the way you post your finished art next to the actual subject.

    ReplyDelete