Friday, January 24, 2020

Old Hackberry in the Snow

purchase here
Oh what a gorgeous morning!!  A winter wonderland had arrived overnight - and I simply had to spend time in this beauty!!  After hiking a couple miles first, scouting all that I wanted to paint in the process, I came to this fabulous old hackberry.  It has always caught my attention and has made it's way into multiple paintings.  For the first time I notice some damage on the old tree, and a possible split on the other side.  Situated in the southwest pasture, it is very natural here - which I love!  There is nothing more tranquil than being surrounded by such beauty, without even getting in my car!  No buildings in site, just the natural state of the land as it would have been centuries ago.  Painting number 2583 in 2583 days.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful wintry tree scene Tammie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful scene to awaken to Tammie. The way you have captured what you see before you in incredible, your perspective is most magnificent sharing with us what can be seen... better than any photograph.
    How delightful it must be to live surrounded by such beauty.
    Thank you so much for sharing your talent and natures beauty.
    Creative wishes & Happy PPF Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, and I can feel the peaceful silence experienced after a snowstorm. But I have to say I’m still stuck on you “hiking a couple miles first”. I try to get at least a mile during my day, you must be much younger! Lol. We live surrounded by woods, and I took a walk in them yesterday. After being in our house 40 years I noticed for the first time how hard time has been on the trees. So many have suffered loss of limbs or even loss of half the tree in storms. The woods are no longer really pretty around our property. It’s all the “natural state” of the land, but probably won’t be pretty again until nature has a chance to reclaim. Somehow the pine trees survive though. So glad you preserved the look of this tree in your painting as it sounds like it’s beginning to struggle. How tall is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your artwork is divine ~ simplicity is always so beautiful and you have done this so well ~

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete