Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Winter Redbud

purchase here
Some days are just full of plenty of things I'd rather not do.  So, I slipped out to the balcony to soak in a little sun.  Facing south, it is often warm and cozy, even in winter.  As the mintues ebbed away, I felt renewed and basked in the rural setting of my landscape.  My eyes rested on the trees again and again.  Well, why not sketch the trees as I enjoy this gorgeous day?  Grabbing the small sketch bag I used yesterday, I drew the lines of this old, knobby redbud tree.  My grandmother planted this whole row of them more than 40 years ago, and they have gnarled a bit with time.  With a little water I get those midtones, and I am back to the chores of my day.  Nothing more refreshing than a little sanity time!  Painting number 2576 in 2576 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment