Saturday, February 22, 2020

Morning at Brooker Creek


Each new painting adventure leads me to parts unknown, each with it's own beauty to translate into paint.  This beautiful spot is the Brooker Creek Preserve, and I am standing on the boardwalk bridge over the known alligator habitat.  I saw many birds, fish jumping, and heard large animal noises from under the bridge - but I never actually saw the gator.  A very peaceful place, it was so relaxing to stand here and paint, soaking up my surroundings.  This painting was my favorite of the three day event - so I entered it for judging, and we could only enter one.  What an honor to win an award on it at the Tarpon Springs Paint and Photo reception last night!  I definitely want to return next year to paint again!  Painting number 2611 in 2611 days.

6 comments:

  1. OMGosh Tammie this just took my breath away. It is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! This is such a tranquil place to paint - while keeping one eye out for that alligator!

      Delete
  2. Indeed, especially the portrayal of water. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The weather was perfect for capturing such a scene!

      Delete
  3. Wow,this is stunning. I love the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am constantly drawn to the water to paint!

      Delete