Wednesday, February 26, 2020

White Sand and Sun


After several beach paintings, I finally feel like I have a handle on the color in this landscape!  Depending on the sunlight, this sand appears peachy pink to full out warm white - and all else shifts likewise with the sun!  The clear water also changes drastically from a warm yellow turquoise to a slate blue gray with heavy cloud cover.  I could paint here every day and each painting would be so different.  Perhaps I should stay here until I have completely mastered this beachscape?  I think I'm going to need LOTS OF PRACTICE.  LOTS AND LOTS.  Painting number 2615 in 2615 days.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Sounds like the sunset, isn’t nature winderful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your color combo is great. Love the peaceful beach view.
    Happy weekend ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. The painting is beautiful. I would like to be just there right now! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The painting is wonderful.I love this scene!!
    Happy weekend, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really lovely, and I'll never grow tired of seeing beach paintings:) Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So serene - interesting to think about the possible color combos depending on the day - very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Tammie you captured the water perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spot on I would say. I love your painting. Colors are a tricky thing. You capture light with your paint. I capture light with my camera. I am not as good a painter yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello Tammie, I am always surprise that you paint everything, that you find beauty everywhere every usual day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful painting! Very nice colours!

    ReplyDelete