Saturday, March 21, 2020

Camp Fire

As I sat by the fire, after a day's work hauling branches, I thought this would be the perfect thing to sketch.  I've not drawn nor painted a fire before, so why not?  With boots too muddy to go into the house, I grabbed my sketch bag from the trunk.  This palette fans out, with many colors to choose from.  It has remained in my car for over a year, and I can see that a few of the paints have cracked.  Perhaps from the extreme temperature fluctuations?  It does not affect their performance, and they were actually perfect for capturing this scene!  I love sitting by a fire, watching the dancing flames as the smoke rises.  A hot mug of tea, and chili awaits.  Painting number 2638 in 2638 days.

1 comment:

  1. Great piece. There is nothing quite like sitting by an open fire. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete