Thursday, March 19, 2020

First Day of Spring

On this first day of spring, I am celebrating amongst my first daffodils to bloom!  This variety is called Ice Castles, and I planted them many years ago under the windmill, and down by the road.  Their blooms never fail, even though these are very shaded now.  The theme from Ice Castles was playing during the Shawnee Mission West Homecoming announcement on the football field, played by the band, as my name was called.  I remember sweetly the big, big hug my father gave me, and long to feel those strong arms around me again.  So therapeutic to immerse myself in spring, capturing these blooms with paint and brush.  Love these moments with no news, no chatter beside the crickets, frogs and birds!  Painting number 2636 in 2636 days.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely painting and special memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. A truly wonderful memory of your father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting, such lovely flowers. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful springtime painting Tammie. You should have your very own gallery house to exhibit all your gorgeous paintings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful painting ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely-so glad you shared it with us

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful season to immerse yourself into Tammie, what a wonderful memory of your Father's arms one to last a lifetime. Beauty amongst the Daff's thanks so much for sharing with us all. Creative wishes & stay safe Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful flowers, both the real ones and your painting :)

    ReplyDelete