Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Spring Daffodils

The rain has moved out, leaving heavily overcast skies in it's wake.  I was hoping to see a little sun, so I waited until late in the afternoon to paint.  Today, I chose a white panel to paint on, which I rarely do.  I would much rather have another color down, that white is so bright in the field.  Any color to tone is better than white.  Since I don't use turp or mediums, I just block in with the mid tones. I jump to the palette knife pretty early,  pushing the lights.  So relaxing to breath in their fragrance as I work.  Can't wait for the beautiful days to follow!  Painting number 2641 in 2641 days.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh Tammie this is sooooo pretty. If feels like life, or alive, or living. You get my idea. Have a great day and be safe.

    ReplyDelete