Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Milk Barn and Wild Mustard

Oh how I love the saturated color after a rain!  This pasture is growing so tall - and STILL the wild mustard is glorious!!  I only have a couple of stands on the property, and I am taking full advantage with my paints!  Today was very windy with gusts to 45 mph, so I found a rather sheltered place from which to paint.  After blocking in the masses, I grab my palette knife for that finish work.  It is super fun to lay down that thick paint - and I might have gotten a little carried away here!  The strong winds, fresh smells rising from the wet land, and the experience of standing here with paint in hand - all pours forth into my painting.  Who am I to reign that in?  Painting number 2670 in 2670 days.

12 comments:

  1. The palette knives are indeed fun to use. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love the yellow in this. I also love how the depth of perception allows the eye to moving gently through this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is wonderful, well done! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a scenic location for a painting. This is just gorgeous (as is the setting). Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely field and your painting is gorgeous 😍
    Happy and healthy May ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your brush strokes, and I can sense all that you wrote about in your painting. You capture essence so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the heavy texture of paint created with a palette knife! Beautiful. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sure looks like paint that would hanging a museum. Very Impressionist looking.
    PPF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous -and it looks lovely to be outside in nature as you paint! Happy PPF from No 23 :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enlarged and looked at it so as not to miss the tinest bit. Your palete knife has worked glorious magic in transferring the scene

    Have a safe weekend

    Much💛🎑💛love

    ReplyDelete
  11. excellent - how fun to paint outside! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete