Friday, May 15, 2020

Pale Yellow Irises

The striking value change between these pale yellow irises and the dark woods is what grabbed my attention today.  These belonged to my great grandmother, and my grandma planted them on the cellar many years ago.  Some of the soil washed away from the top, so I moved them lower, and they are beginning to flourish again.  With my oils, I painted these, and they were a bit of a struggle.  Not sure why I couldn't nail them down, but I finally let them rest for the day.  I'll check them with fresh eyes tomorrow and see if I'm really done.  Painting number 2686 in 2686 days.

6 comments:

  1. I feel they are complete. Your colors and values are perfect, as always, and I’m glad you slept on this. The next day usually brings me more peace with a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say they're simply stunning. 💛💚💛💚

    Wow, Tammie... 🙂 Nice job! 👏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the light and dark makes this a stunning piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I like how the brush strokes and paint together looks like...cream! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning painting-this is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete