Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Peonies ATC

Oh I love these peonies!  A gift from Grandma Bessie's garden, each year they bloom in profusion and remind me of her!  I first sketch the blooms with ink, paying attention to petal forms. With more time to REALLY study what I'm painting, I am studying more before I lay down those lines.  As I paint in the colors, I push and pull while those masses are still wet. I rarely go back in with a layer over dry paint.  Wet in wet is so much more comfortable for me!  Can't wait to try these blooms in oil! Painting number 2690 in 2690 days.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting and flowers. My little cat loves playing with and eating our Peony plants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the roundness of peonies, indeed the holding in of beauty and color as if they don’t want to let it go. This is a more realistic and beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete