Saturday, May 16, 2020

Purple Allium

Each May, I look forward to painting the gorgeous alliums at the Overland Park Arboretum.  Unable to paint there now, I am painting the allium in my own garden.  This variety is already starting to fade, and is getting funny little green ends on the ball shaped blooms.  This kind is new this year for me - so we'll see how they develop.  The dark, drizzly morning is brightening up - changing the scene in a heartbeat!  Time to pack up and get back to garden work!  Painting number 2686 in 2686 days.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Both for you garden and the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the little green things, and I believe not adding them to your painting was the right choice.
    The variety you are accustomed to painting apparently doesn’t have those, and I think they are more striking in purple without them. Artistic license!

    ReplyDelete