Friday, June 19, 2020

Orange Daylilies

Oh how I love these daylilies!  The very first starts came from Grandma Bessie's garden, and I carefully planted them in my front gardens.  Over the years, I have scavenged them from gravel road ditches and deserted places, giving them new life in my gardens.  Grandma called them tiger lilies, and they grace many historic homes in the midwest.  So, after having the family out - and TWO tiny babies to cuddle - I am painting these happy blooms in ink and watercolor.  I have Robert Oster's Black is Black in my TWSBI fountain pen, and watercolor half pans for the color.  Such a perfect evening for painting!  Painting number 2717 in 2717 days.

5 comments:

  1. beautiful painting! Our day lilies are now just blooming- just in time for summer:) Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your PPF link doesn't work this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely - I too have gathered many starts along the roadsides of these day lilies. The garden is full of them now. Your ink and watercolor sketch is wonderful. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have these in my yard. The painting is luscious with color.

    ReplyDelete