Monday, June 8, 2020

Orange Sunpatiens!

I had these fabulous sunpatiens for the first time last year, and wow!   They grow more beautiful and lush right up until the fall!   Adding so much impact to the garden, they are a great choice for late season drama, when other flowers are fading.  So, when I found them at Suburban Lawn and Garden (while Mothers Day shopping), I snapped them up!  Forging ahead with this 30 day direct watercolor challenge, this is Day 8. Where I am loose and free when inking first, I am much more careful when direct painting, using more drawing skills with that brush.  I feel like I'm learning a few things, and just today I am a little optimistic about the process.  Every painting truly is a lesson!  Painting number 2707 in 2707 days.

1 comment:

  1. So good to try new things, and you are mastering direct watercolor! Will you go back to combining it with ink after the challenge?

    ReplyDelete