Thursday, June 4, 2020

Path to the Pond

I was challenged by an artist friend to do the #30x30DirectWatercolor challenge, and I blindly accepted - looking up the details later!  With only the knowledge that there is no drawing, only direct painting, I jump in!  Choosing my path to the pond as my subject, I painted.  Oh how I long for my ink!  I only used ink to sign and edge, trying to make the watercolor do the rest.  With a few attempts I am beginning to remember how little I liked watercolor most of my life.  I only really got into it when I started batiks and later with ink!  I had forgotten that!  I wonder if 30 days can change my mind.....!  Painting number 2703 in 2703 days.

5 comments:

  1. I never felt comfortable exclusively with watercolor either, but you have a way of making it work. Ink gives your work definition, but I don’t miss it in this one. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh Tammie this is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you paint this landscape beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! I love pathways. One of my favourite themes for painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so soft and lovely. I always had a love/hate relationship with watercolors but some online classes got me to love it. I enjoy the abstract style the most. happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete