Sunday, July 19, 2020

Bridge to the Island


What a wonderful morning for plein air with fellow artists from MVIS!  The metal bridge to the island is reminiscent of Monet's bridge, and has been a local favorite for years.  I have happy childhood memories of coming here with my parents and brother, which makes this place extra special.  I'm using my oils for this lush landscape, and oh how I love that creamy texture!  I don't realize how much I miss them when I'm working with different mediums... until I return to them!  Painting number 2747 in 2747 days. 

1 comment:

  1. Oils are my medium of choice, but only outdoors since its way to hot outside these days.i love the realism you achieve with water.
    Still wondering, Tammie. I see brush strokes on your finished paintings that do not look like part of the color scheme. Do you coat your paintings with a kind of varnish or preservative???

    ReplyDelete