Friday, July 10, 2020

Firecracker Lilies

Oh these firecracker lilies!!  With large blooms that stay open long after dark - I can still paint them even at midnight!  Though, by 3am they have closed their petals for a few hours of rest!  I bet you're wondering how I know this.  Sometimes, Beau wants out in the middle of the night.  Other times, I'm awake, and it's very pleasant to sit out on the porch and listen to the fountain, helping to quiet my mind.  I am late to my easel once again, and I'm using ink and watercolor on handmade cotton paper for this miniature floral painting.  Three other varieties are also calling my name - but they all stand in the dark at this hour!  Lol!  Love this peaceful time of night, with the fountain, crickets and frogs to serenade me!  Painting number 2738 in 2738 days.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting, Tammie. How much land and how many gardens do you have? Can’t help but wonder since you never seem to run out of flower painting subjects.

    ReplyDelete