Tuesday, August 11, 2020

August Bounty

SOLD
 The artists drew numbers out of a bowl to determine which location we would go for the quick paint on Main Street.  At each place on the map, a still life was set up outside of the business.  I was pleasantly surprised to find a table full of fresh produce straight from the garden, at the front corner of this insurance office, with beautiful awnings and flag in view.  How could I not paint it all?  As I painted, the temperature rose, especially as I stood on the cement parking lot - in the full sun!  Not my usual choice of set ups - but the only choice for this view.  It was a very hot paint, but I finally finished and got this framed and turned in a little early.  I was SO surprised when this was chosen for the day's Main Street Still Life Purchase Award!  It sure made the suffering for my art with the price!  Lol!  Painting number 2770 in 2770 days. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations it's a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This was a fun and HOT painting day!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh OK. This is awesome. It reminds me of a puzzle I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! It was a bit like a puzzle trying to figure out which angle of this table I liked best!

      Delete